Friday, February 6, 2015

Month-of-Mini-Desserts: Nutella Cinnamon Brownies


A few years ago I came across a fun cookbook: Desserts 4 Today: Flavorful Desserts withJust Four Ingredients (Abigail Johnson Dodge, 2010) that included a Nutella Brownie recipe. Nutella? Only four ingredients? Nutella? Mini-brownies? Nutella? I was in!

But, you know me with my penchant for modifying recipes. I loved hers, but I decided to add my own stamp to it. Here’s my recipe that we eat all by itself, but that I also use in tomorrow’s dessert. Intrigued? Better stop back to see what I do with these leftover brownies!



Nutella Cinnamon Brownies (12 mini-muffin servings)
½ cup Nutella                                   
1 large egg                          
1 teaspoon oil                                            
5 tablespoons flour
¼ cup mini-chocolate chips
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup chopped nuts (I usually use pecans or walnuts, but any will do).
Powdered sugar to dust tops (optional)

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup mini-muffin pan with paper or foil liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.

Put the Nutella, egg, and oil in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended.

Add the flour and whisk until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and cinnamon.

Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin (about 3/4 full) and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.

Bake until a toothpick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 11 to 12 minutes (longer for a chewier brownie).

Set on a rack to cool completely. Serve immediately or cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days. Sometimes I sprinkle on powdered sugar to make them prettier.

Note: The original four ingredients were Nutella, egg, flour, and nuts.

DH’s Rating: 5 Tongues Up!
This is another one of my stand-by mini-desserts. He loves the chocolate with the slight spiciness.

No comments:

Post a Comment