Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Month-of-Appetizers: Pasta Shells with Tuna Salad


I love pasta. So when I named my first culinary mystery, Mission Impastable, it was an homage to my favorite way to carb out! Not every recipe in Mission Impastable is pasta, but pasta dominates the recipe list.

On my MI business card, I include a recipe from the book, “Lasagna Roll-Ups”, on the back. Hopefully people won’t be throwing away that card!

 So how could I do a Month-of-Appetizers without at least one pasta recipe? Impastable!

Pasta Shells with Tuna Salad (about 12 servings)

12 large pasta shells
12-ounce can of chunk light tuna in water, drained
6 tablespoons mayonnaise
¼ cup salsa (choose your heat level)
4 green onions, thinly sliced green and white parts
handful of cilantro, shredded
fresh pepper
¼ cup pepperjack cheese, shredded or grated

Cook pasta shells to al dente per package directions. Drain and cool, separated, on a platter.

Mix tuna, mayo, and salsa thoroughly, breaking up tuna chunks to even size. Add onions, cilantro, and pepper and blend in. Fill pasta shells with tuna mixture. Top with cheese. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


DH’s Rating: 4 Tongues Up. DH liked the flavor, but he wanted to eat them with a fork. No, no, no. This is not fork food, but finger food. He doesn’t like to lick his messy fingers like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment