Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hot Chocolate Ice Cream

What? How can ice cream be hot and icy? Well, of course you knew that “hot” is a polysemous word--a word that has more than one meaning. “Hot” can refer to temperature or spiciness.


The Chocolate Dessert Soup I posted earlier today has some heat to it--of the red pepper flake variety. And since only two of us ate the soup for dessert, I had some soup left.


I always have a Cuisinart ice cream cylinder in the freezer so I can make ice cream, frozen yogurt, or gelato on a whim. In fact, I bought an extra one so I can make two in one day if the mood strikes me. It is so easy, and people are so surprised to have homemade ice cream.


So, back to the Chocolate Soup--I had some left over last night. I poured it into my ice cream maker this morning, turned it on, and ~20 minutes later, the ice cream had set up nicely. I added in some toasted pecans and the cake cubes and toasted coconut left from serving the soup.


I let that all incorporate for another few minutes, then I removed the ice cream from the cylinder and put it into a container for the freezer.


Spicy hot chocolate ice cream! Really, really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment