Saturday, February 6, 2016

A Month-of-Eggs: Curried Kale Eggs


Before we get going today with Curried Kale Eggs, I had to share a picture of a way I used some of my wonderful tarragon Hollandaise sauce from earlier this week--http://bit.ly/1SRihLw  Check it out at the end of this recipe.


On to today’s recipe. Here I am trying to sneak more kale into our meals, but it wasn’t as successful (with DH) as I had hoped. Still, I liked it and will probably try this again when he is off hiking in Utah. Good protein, good greens!
 
Curried Kale Eggs (serves two for breakfast or lunch; add an egg to each plate if for dinner)
2 eggs
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 green onions cut in pieces
2 cups of kale
2 teaspoons curry + more for sprinkling
salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in skillet. Cook eggs-over-easy-Sharon’s-way (see note). Remove to heated dish and set aside.

Put 2 teaspoons water in skillet and add onions. Cook for about 1 minute.

Add kale. Sprinkle on curry, salt, and pepper. Put on lid and cook until kale is tender and a bright green, about 2 minutes.

Put kale on a plate and slide an egg on top. Sprinkle with a bit more curry on the egg. Serve with whole wheat roll or toast and a fruit salad dressed with yogurt.

NOTE:  I can’t make “eggs over easy.” They are “eggs over hard”, as far as I am concerned. I almost always break the yolk. So, the trick I learned years ago was to add a teaspoon or so of water and put a lid on the eggs. They get that white cover on top that a lot of people like. Easy peasy!

DH’s Rating: 2 Tongues Up   He could tell it was kale this time, and he just doesn’t care for the flavor. The egg was fine but he didn’t care for its base. Oh, well! I can make this for myself.

I had some leftover cooked turkey, a handful of leftover spaghetti, and some leftover noodles. I tossed it all with some tarragon Hollandaise sauce and put it in a shallow dish to bake at 250 degrees for about ½ hour. Before putting into the oven, I added a bit more tarragon and about ½ cup Asiago cheese. DEEEElicious! Use your Hollandaise to put together disparate ingredients and get an unreproducible dish because it’s leftovers renewed!

No comments:

Post a Comment