Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Vote Now for February Month-of- Recipes


Each year for the past several years, I have posted a daily recipe in a category during the month of February. Three years ago, it was soup. Two years ago, I posted chicken recipes. And last year was appetizers.

You, Dear Readers, selected those categories. Because it takes me a while to assemble, create, and try out recipes in a category, I have you vote now so I have enough time to prepare and post 28 recipes in a row.

This year, I have four categories (listed alphabetically) for you to consider. During February, should I post 28 recipes for …

Eggs
I’ve read that the traditional chef’s hat has 100 pleats. The toque was earned when the chef demonstrated he (because they were only he initially) could prepare eggs 100 ways.

Mini-desserts
Season 52, a marvelous restaurant chain, created the first restaurant mini-desserts and now everyone is doing them. They are a staple at my parties.

Muffins
Both savory and sweet muffin recipes abound. Let me share some favorites with you and show you some you might not have tried.

Slow Cooker
Your slow cooker can deliver hot-and-ready breakfasts, entrees, sides, and desserts.

Your choice.

Vote in comments or on the poll. You have one week. Your votes in the poll and comments below will be tallied as will votes on Facebook and Twitter. You have one week to register your preference. All votes entered by midnight MST, January 13th will count. In February you will find out what category won!

Next week, I am so happy to have guest blogger Patricia Gligor, author of the Malone mysteries, telling about the fun of writing mysteries. Stop in and read what she has to share.

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am curious how this will turn out! Thanks for stopping by to vote, Cathy!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. With your vote, Exploding Mary, each category has gotten one. Thanks for coming by to vote.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Lora. So far, we have a tie going on. Tell your friends to come by and vote, too! Thanks for stopping in. I hope you'll come back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Got it, Cindy! Thanks so much for reading and commenting. Come back in February to see which category won!

      Delete
  5. Hi Sharon,
    What a pleasant surprise to be here at your place today.
    I am here via alex's interview at a to z blog page.
    Nice to know a bit more about you and your activities.
    Keep going.
    best
    ~ Philip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Philip! Thanks for coming by. Root around in my attic and basement (archives) and explore what I do here. Did you have a preference for what recipes I will blog each day next month? Please vote in comments or on the poll, if you do! I hope to see you again!

      Delete
  6. Slow cooker. Visiting from Alex site. This sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dixie, for chiming in. I've added your vote to the tally. It's going to be close! It is fun. Take a look at the past three Februarys to see what I did. Everyone loves the hot chocolate ice cream from the month of soups!

      Delete
  7. Slow cooker, muffins, eggs, mini desserts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Carolyn, I know they're all great, but can you pick THE ONE (to borrow a phrase from romance books)? Midnight is the deadline!

      Delete
  8. Good work on this post! I really like the way you delivered your qualitative facts and how you made this fascinating and effortless to realize. Thank you!! airsoft guns

    ReplyDelete