Friday, December 24, 2010

Tweet Me Well: @Good2Tweat

You may have met Alli Wesson, my personal chef character (from the “Dinner is Served” culinary mystery series I am writing) when she dropped by for an interview at my writing blog, http://samwriteaway.blogspot.com/. She is quite a character, so to speak!


Anyway, Alli and I were talking about how we’re going to develop a marketing plan for the “Dinner is Served” books. One thing that occurred to me, and Alli just loved it, was to start a Twitter following of her recipes. That is such the hot thing these days among foodies. It makes such sense, too. She is virtual, so why not do virtual food?


So I set up a Twitter account. Follow me there @good2tweat. I promise some cooking tips, food facts, and recipes in miniature. Come to think of it, that may be one reason I am so taken with tweeting recipes: I make miniature room settings and dollhouses. This fits perfectly with my interests in other areas. Sometimes I will provide the more traditional version of the recipe here for those without Twitter and/or people who like their food prep spelled out.


That would not be my character, Alli, but her partner in crime, Gina likes things clear. So the recipes on this site will be for Gina.


I ordered Eat Tweet: 1,020 Recipe Gems (Maureen Evans), and I follow Maureen on Twitter. She is amazing! She was not only the first to tweet recipes, she does really unusual stuff, complicated recipes, even ethnic ones. And she does it in 140 characters or fewer. That includes spaces and punctuation by the way. To show you what I mean, here is a recipe from Alli that appears in Prime Rib and Punishment, the book I am currently writing:


Savory Butter: Pulse n mini fd proc .5cbutter/3T bell pep/1grn onion/1clv garlic.

Sprd bread or Portobello shrooms n grill. Srv 1T on cookd meat.


Gina’s version of Savory Butter would be:

½ c butter

3 T bell peppers, a mix or just one color

1 green onion

1 clove of garlic, minced


Pulse the butter, peppers, onion and garlic in a mini food processor until finely chopped. Use as a spread on bread to grill, spread over the gills of a Portobello mushroom and grill, or put 1 T on your cooked pork or steak before serving.


I’ve begun tweeting some recipes. Those of you who like word puzzles AND cooking can enjoy them! Look for me on Twitter now @good2tweat and you will find cooking tips, recipes, and food facts accumulating.


Whether you like to cook or not, you may have friends who do. Let them in on Twitter recipes. Build up my traffic for that Twitter account! Retweet me to all your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment