Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Left Coast Crime, 2018


I am headed to the annual Left Coast Crime conference in Reno next week. What does that entail? Part of it is prepping enough food for DH so he is nourished while I’m gone. I know, I know. Don’t go there. This is what I do, okay?

Another part is picking my clothes. You gotta look good at these things, right? I mean, there are famous people there I will interact with. So I went shopping, which I am not wild about. And I ordered stuff online, which I do like to do. And I’ve laid out clothes possibilities in the guest room so I can select the best of the best.

A third conference-prep thing is reading books by authors on my panel. Four panelists and a moderator will share perspectives on writing culinary mysteries. Our title is “Days of Wine and Roses: Culinary Mysteries.” I want to have read at least one book by each woman so I can let them know what I thought. And there are some really great recipes in the novels. I love collecting new recipes!

I went through the program and circled sessions I am interested in attending. The night before, I will select the final ones (where I have more than one highlighted) to attend. I expect, as always, to learn bunches of new stuff. The worst thing is that there’s a session I really want to attend but can’t. It conflicts with my panel. Bummer! In cases like that, I make sure to connect with the panelists to find out what I can about their presentation.

I am also doing some reading about a side trip I am taking prior to the opening of the conference. We’ll be visiting the Donner Party site and museum. I want to bone up on the event (even though I know a good bit already) just so the info from the tour guide has slots to slide into.

Oh, and did I mention I’m on a panel? Yeah, that. In my spare time, I think I should give a bit of thought to what will happen in that hour, don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment