Wednesday, January 29, 2014

MISSION IMPASTABLE Book Club Kit Available


Last week I posted an article explaining to authors what I was doing to help build readership and reader loyalty to my brand, Murders with Taste. (Clever, eh, for a culinary mystery series?)

I urged authors to consider creating book club kits for their readers who might select their book for a club option. I believe a marketing plan needs to include a full tool belt of various outreach efforts. The article for that piece is:

I posted here the entire kit (sans interviews yet) in case someone wants to download pieces of it. I tried to think what I would like in a book club kit. I want to know something about the book, the author, and what others think of the book. So that’s there.

 Additionally, if I were in charge of the book club meeting, I would appreciate some discussion suggestions and ideas about how to handle potential issues that arise. So, I put in my two cents worth.

Apart from that I decided to give “value-added” by including additional pieces I had not seen in book club kits I checked out.

I want to connect with my readers. I think that is the prime motivator of any author. We want our words to touch others, and we want to hear about the impact. To that end, I included ways to contact me via social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, I gave opportunities to connect with related content by my YouTube vids and through Skype.

Another piece that is often found at the back of historical fiction novels is what the author investigated while writing the book. I included what I learned about being a personal chef as well as ways to kill with poison. Fascinating! Tea, anyone? Bwahaha!

It occurred to me readers who find Mission Impastable interesting might like to know of other authors of the genre, so I put a page of names in.

But the real value added is a recipe from the book. How could I write anything without including a recipe, right?

Take a scroll through the Mission Impastable Book Club Kit included in the list of pages associated with this blog. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment